Analyst, Client Advisory
Who Are We?
Crestone Capital, LLC is based in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in Denver and San Francisco. Crestone is a leading multi-family office for ultra-high-net-worth entrepreneurs and executives. Crestone provides fully integrated investment management and wealth advisory services to a select group of nationwide clients. We help our clients protect and enhance their wealth, simplify their financial lives, and achieve their evolving personal and financial goals. Our services include global investment access, strategy, and management; estate and philanthropic planning; income tax planning and reporting; financial and cash flow planning; personal financial statement maintenance; and investment portfolio reporting. Crestone currently advises on approximately $2.5 billion of client assets and serves 139 clients. Crestone has been recognized by Outside Magazine as One of America's Best Places to Work.
What's the Job?
The Analyst role is an entry level position with a tremendous opportunity to learn all facets of the wealth management industry. This individual will be heavily relied upon for getting work done whether it be for a specific client meeting or request, preparation for one of our sponsored client events, or a particular investment. Depending on the individual’s interests and strengths, there will be opportunities to specialize and focus on specific areas (i.e., investment strategy, philanthropic advisory, taxes, estate planning, portfolio construction, etc.). This role is a precursor to our Financial Associate role. That assessment is based on performance and the critical skills required for a Financial Associate.
What Will You Do? (this is what we know, but expect the unexpected)
- Primary responsibility is to support the Client Advisory team, as well as Crestone clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Understand the client's background, investment goals, and objectives and assist with development of their Investment Policy Statement
- Implement, monitor, and rebalance investment portfolios in accordance with client’s Investment Policy Statement
- Assist with non-investment financial transactions (e.g., banking/mortgage)
- Communicate as appropriate with clients regarding confidential and complex topics with the highest level of integrity
- Support Family Wealth Planning Executive Directors and Associate in preparing meeting materials and analysis including asset listings, flowcharts, and various summaries for clients and potential clients
- Support Family Wealth Planning Executive Directors and Associate in preparing content for “Tax Topics,” Guru cards, podcasts, and other resources for educating investment professionals
- Identify opportunities to expand existing client relationships
- Expand referral network, building Crestone's presence through frequent interaction and communication with external parties
What Do You Need?
- Undergraduate degree with a preference for Finance, Accounting and/or related field
- 0-3 years of professional experience, preferably in financial services
- FINRA licensing (Series 7 and 66) 90 days after hire date
- Interest and comprehension of financial markets
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to be effective team player
- Sound judgment, self-starter, and ability to handle concurrent demands efficiently and to take ownership of results
- Highest degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to work well in a dynamic environment