Executive Director, Client Advisory
Who Are We?
Crestone Capital, LLC is based in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in Denver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Crestone is a leading multi-family office serving ultra-high-net-worth entrepreneurs and executives. Crestone provides fully integrated investment management and wealth advisory services to a select group of clients. We help our clients protect and enhance their wealth, simplify their financial lives, and achieve their evolving personal and financial goals. Our services include global investment access, strategy, and management; estate and philanthropic planning; income tax planning and reporting; financial and cash flow planning; personal financial statement maintenance; and investment portfolio reporting. Crestone currently advises on approximately $3 billion of client assets and serves 100+ clients. Crestone has been recognized by Outside Magazine as One of America's Best Places to Work.
What's the Job?
The Executive Director role is an integral member of the Client Advisory team, as well as the firm, with primary responsibility for several significant client relationships. S/he is continuously contributing to the growth and well-being of the overall firm. S/he has proven themselves as a constant professional who primarily builds and monetizes key relationships and also manages high-level, complex clients. The role requires approximately 50% to 75% travel, as the primary responsibility early on in the role is sourcing, closing, and managing new client relationships for the firm, since most existing leads are generated outside of Colorado. The ideal candidate is highly regarded in the business community through their involvement in multiple and philanthropic endeavors and has earned the trust of colleagues. This role is a mentor to others and a team player, willing and able to collaborate with others.
What Will You Do (this is what we know, but expect the unexpected)?
- Identify, build and advise/manage key client relationships that result in long-term relationships for Crestone.
- Able to effectively manage $500M+ in high net worth client assets.
- Serve as the first point of contact for key firm relationships, understand our clients’ business needs, initiatives and develop relationships with key players.
- Collaborate with Investment Research to identify opportunities within our community of investment managers.
- Manage the execution of client meetings and follow-up on opportunities, as well as develop strategies for connection.
- Develop investment policy statement (IPS) for clients and review annually.
- Manage and respond to client inquiries including trust and estate planning, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Develop collaborative internal relationships.
- Contribute at a firmwide strategic level regarding the Crestone value proposition, overall competitive landscape analysis, etc.
- Maximize client performance within the construct of their Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, accounting, and/or related field
- 8+ years of experience serving clients in ultra-high net worth industry.
- Ability to travel 75% both domestically and internationally as required, and with short notice.
- Deep knowledge of capital markets and investments across asset classes including hedge funds, private equity, direct real estate, and commodities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism, with the ability to work well in a dynamic environment.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).